It’s almost here! The 2016 general inland fishing season starts in less than two weeks – Saturday, May 7. Oneida County is an outstanding fishing destination – the area is home to hundreds of lakes filled with everything from walleye, bass, and pan fish to northern pike and musky. Make plans to enjoy every minute on the water this year and cast a line on the fishing opener.
Here are some resources to help you plan an Oneida County fishing getaway:
- New to fishing? The state Department of Natural Resources has some basic fishing information for new anglers.
- Here’s a complete listing of the DNR fishing season dates.
- Here’s some information about fishing in Oneida County throughout the year.
- Here’s are maps for all the lakes in Oneida County– the maps show depth information and a few shore features.
- Spend the day on a beautiful Oneida County lake and you’ll probably work up a bit of an appetite. Here ‘s a link that will help you find great dining establishments in every Oneida County community.
- Here are some great places to stay on your Oneida County fishing getaway. The list includes lodging in every Oneida County community and includes lodging with direct lake access.
- Finally, here’s a list to the largest fish ever caught in Wisconsin, including a smallmouth bass caught on Oneida County’s Indian Lake and a Bowfin caught on the Oneida Flowage. And here’s a form you can use to submit your own record. It doesn’t hurt to dream!
Good luck on the lake!