Your Oneida County getaway should be relaxing and worry-free. Thinking about planning a visit to the Northwoods this summer? Here are a few suggestions on how to make the most of your vacation.
Health and safety tips
- Oneida County Public Health recommends staying at least 6 feet away from others you don’t live with when in public.
- Follow the other guidelines from Oneida County Public Health (avoid gathering in groups larger than 50, wash your hands frequently, stay home if you feel sick).
Supporting local businesses
- Some businesses are open, others are not. Some have specific guidelines for customers and employees, different hours, or changes in their services. It’s always best to call ahead before you visit.
- If your favorite restaurant isn’t open for sit-down service, see if they offer carryout. All our businesses appreciate your support!
- Individual chambers for Oneida County communities may have more information on specific businesses as well.
- Oneida County’s motels, resorts, cabins, vacation homes and private campgrounds are accepting reservations for this summer and beyond. However, please contact specific lodging properties with questions on availability and specific guidelines for individual businesses.
The great outdoors
- Now is a great time to enjoy the outdoors in Oneida County! Biking, hiking, fishing, ATVing, paddling—you can still do them all!
- Please practice social distancing measures at public areas like boat launches or trailheads.
- Contact individual chambers for some tips on less-traveled trails and lakes with less traffic.