These are stressful times we’re living in, and we could all use a little rest and relaxation. And that’s what Oneida County is all about—taking a deep breath and helping you ease your stress, if at least for a little bit. So who’s to say you can’t do that at home, too? If you’re missing your favorite Northwoods destination as much as we’re missing having you, here are a few ideas on how you can incorporate a little R&R into your at-home routine.
- Visit our Facebook page to tell us which of Oneida County’s great restaurants, shops, attractions and businesses are special to you (and which ones you can’t wait to visit when this is all behind us).
- Share your Oneida County photos on Facebook or tag us (@oneidacountywi) on Instagram so we can see some of your best shots. (Animal pics and stunning scenery always welcome.)
- Start imagining all the wonderful adventures you’ll take next time you visit Oneida County. For instance, here are a few scenic sights you shouldn’t miss and here’s some info on some of our great nature trails.
How to help local businesses
Of course, we wouldn’t be here—and you wouldn’t come here—without our great restaurants, shops and other businesses, and they need our help more than ever. Here are a few ideas on how you can lend a hand.
- Contact local chambers or communities (see list below) or specific businesses to see if they have specific needs or to ask how you can help
- In Oneida County right now? Many restaurants are offering curbside, delivery and pick-up meals. (Again, please look at individual communities and chambers for further information.)
- Buy gift cards or gift certificates for local businesses or shop with them online.
Local chambers of commerce and communities
The links below include COVID-19 updates and/or community contact information for Oneida County municipalities.
- Town of Hazelhurst
- Town of Lake Tomahawk
- Let’s Minocqua Visitors Bureau & Chamber of Commerce
- Pelican Lake
- Rhinelander Area Chamber of Commerce
- Three Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
- Tomahawk Regional Chamber of Commerce
Information from Oneida County & the state of Wisconsin