Oneida County is home to a variety of growers, producers and purveyors of local food and beverages. Take a culinary tour of Oneida County and enjoy farm-fresh products, specialty foods, locally produced wine and beer, and establishments that serve locally-made organic foods.
Taste delicious wines made right in Oneida County.
- Three Lakes Winery – One of Wisconsin’s best loved wineries, the Three Lakes Winery produces nearly two dozen varieties of wine. A gift shop and tours are available. 6971 Gogebic St., Three Lakes. 715-546-3080
Wisconsin is famous for its incredible beer. Taste some of the best brews in the Midwest at these unique Oneida County venues.
- Rhinelander Brewing Company – The finest 2-row malted barley and sun ripened hops create the light and smooth finish of Rhinelander’s Export Lager Craft Beer, available on tap and now in Shortys at over 300 retail establishments and over 200 fine establishments.
Get fresh, locally-grown in-season produce, meats, cheeses, breads and more, and make connections with the people who grow it.
- Hodag Farmers’ Market – Every Saturday, May 28 to October 15 at Pioneer Park in Rhinelander.
- Winter Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday during the winter, 8am to noon at the YMCA in Rhinelander.
Maple syrup is an important part of Oneida County’s local culture and economy. For centuries before European settlement of the area, Native American tribes collected the sap of the abundant maple trees to make syrup and sugar. Bring home a true taste of the Northwoods.
- Northern Harvest Gift Baskets – 8521 Van Bussum Rd, Three Lakes Township. 715-479-3995
Cranberries are grown throughout Oneida County. Tours, as well as opportunities for shopping for local cranberry products, are available. Below are some of the area’s cranberry growers.
- Sampson Marsh – 2294 Sampson Rd, Three Lakes. 715-546-2138
- James Lake Farms – 1101 S. Big Lake Loop Rd. Three Lakes. 715-546-3643
- Thunder Lake Cranberry Marsh – 2108 Hwy A. Three Lakes. 715-546-3120
- Tamarack Flowage Cranberry Co. – 2111 Hwy A, Three Lakes. 715-546-8065
Oneida County honey captures the essence of the unique Northwoods flora in the subtle flavor of the honey.
- Hansen Honey – 3279 Hwy 8 East, Rhinelander.
Oneida County’s potato farms produce the high quality taters that create some of your favorite popular brands of potato chips.
- Sowinski Farms, Inc. – One of the top producers of some of the finest potatoes in the U.S. for use in a variety of snack foods. 4698 Tenderfoot Road, Rhinelander
Sellers of Local Food Products
These are some great options for experiencing Oneida County’s local foods.
- Holiday Acres Resort – This resort has a commitment to offering a variety of locally-grown and produced products on its menus, including organic foods. 4060 South Shore Drive, Rhinelander. 1-800-261-1500
- Joe’s Pasty Shop – Taste a true Northwoods culinary specialty. 123 Randall Ave, Rhinelander. 715-369-1224
- Hillestad Pharmaceuticals — Take a factory tour of Hillestad, where an array of herbal medicines and natural supplements are produced. Located at 178 Hwy 51 North, Woodruff.