Oneida County Tourism is committed to building an inclusive and accessible platform for all our website users. We are constantly monitoring our site to make sure it meets the standards from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
Right now, our site meets a majority of the standards and is substantially compliant with the guidelines. We’re continually working to bridge any remaining gaps to ensure that all the content on our website is accessible. We will continue to update this page as we make further improvements.
Recently we added features to the site to increase accessibility for users. Some of these features are:
- Each page, article, listing, etc. on this site has semantic regions for the navigation, main content, and footer so you can move around quickly.
- Readable content begins with an H1 heading, and we’ve done our best to ensure headings follow a logical order.
- You should be able to zoom up to 300% without any issues.
- Font elements have been updated to improve color contrast and navigability.
- Forms have been updated and are now more readable to enhance screen reader technology.
- Images have more descriptive alternative text to enhance screen reader technology.
- Names & labels have been added and updated to the site’s code to further enhance screen reader technology.
- Navigation elements have been optimized for ease of use.
- New AudioEye integration allows for users to customize and adjust website visibility settings to their own preferences.
The AudioEye accessibility enhancement menu can be found at the lower righthand side of the screen once the page loads.
Some of the new features that are included with the AudioEye integration are:
- Custom control of site contrast
- Ability to shift site colors
- Text size and spacing control
- Ability to change fonts
- Screen guide and cursor highlight window
- Larger cursor size
- Image alterative text tool-tips
- Ability to highlight headings, links and buttons
How We Test the Platform
We test the site with all modern browsers including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. We test site accessibility with many ADA sites including WAVE and Google Lighthouse.
Do you have questions or feedback about the accessibility of our site? We’d love to hear from you at [email protected]. Please include details about the pages and/or content you’re trying to access on the site and the kind of assistive technology you’re using.