Oneida County’s trails are meant to be traveled year-round. From biking in the spring to snowmobiling in the winter, you’ll never run out of trails and ways to explore. Here’s how:
- Biking. Try one of Oneida County’s 12 biking trails. A Northwoods favorite, the Bearskin State Trail is composed of compacted granite suitable for all riding levels. It runs north from Hwy K to Minocqua.
- Hiking. Hike through the pristine forests of Oneida County and see plenty of wildlife and gorgeous scenery along the way. The Raven Nature Trail is known for its abundant wildlife, where you’ll witness animals like bald eagles, deer, bear, pileated woodpeckers and wild turkey.
- ATVing. If you’re looking for a more rugged adventure through the woods, break out the four-wheeler. The Enterprise ATV Trail and the Lynne/Little Rice ATV Trail combine to offer more than 100 miles of wild ATV trails.
- Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Winter transforms Oneida County into a cross-country skiing and snowshoeing paradise. There are dozens of designated recreational trails, but you can also head off on your own in the Northern Highland State Forest or Oneida County Forest.
- Snowmobiling. Snowmobile some of the finest trails in the Midwest. Area snowmobile clubs work hard to maintain more than 1,000 miles of exceptional trails.