With more than 1,000 lakes, Oneida County has plenty of places to keep cool when summer weather hits. Whether you’re looking to take a dip, cruise around in a kayak, or just stick your toes in the sand, you’ll find lots of public beaches to enjoy throughout the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Here’s a look at some of our favorites.
- Torpy Park – You’ll find this beach in the heart of Minocqua. There’s a picnic area at the beach as well as tennis courts.
- Buffalo Lake – This public beach is located off Highway J near Woodruff.
- Clear Lake – This beach between Minocqua and St. Germain is located off Highway J.
Three Lakes/Sugar Camp
- Sugar Camp – This swimming beach is located off Hwy 17 North in Sugar Camp.
- Maple Lake – In downtown Three Lakes you’ll find this fine swimming beach.
- Town Line Lake – This beach is located off Highway 47 near the intersection of K. It features a picnic area.
- Hodag Park – This beach on Boom Lake is located off Thayer Street. The adjacent park features basketball and tennis courts as well as picnic areas.
- Buck Lake – A public beach and picnic area are located off Hixon Lake Road.
- Lake Katherine – You’ll find this public beach off Highway 51 near Ryden’s Marine.
- Lake Venus – The beach and picnic area are located off Highway 8.
- Pelican Lake – This public beach can be found off Highway 45.
- Swimming is available at SARA Park, Frenchtown Beach, Crystal Beach and Spirit Flowage Beach.